Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9th, 2015

I can never take a vacation or obli-cation ever again because something always blows up in my face. First off, I am one of those people who can officially say that I have a crazy family. Everyone says that and I am on the band wagon; say it loud and say it proud. I have come to visit my family to check in on my Grandma. She is old, it is harder for her to do things and in general, we wanted to check on her well-being. 

Sadly, trying to help out a family member who is more stubborn than the lockers we had in high school makes one wish that you had just stayed home. When you hate snow, cold weather but live in the North then get the chance to go down South, no matter the situation, you jump on it. In my case, you learn to lightly hop on it with the proper medications. It sucks because I want to have that cuddly and happy grandparent but that ship has sailed. I need to go and adopt one somewhere so I can brag about how awesome I am, not the other way around. I saw that getting older sucks and that it is anything but fun. 

I imagine a life where I am excited to see my grandkids and spoil them and overindulge them with chocolate then hand them back to their parents and go back to my life sitting on the beach with a Kindle, an umbrella, a floppy hat and my Shirley Temple. I had a Grammy who I guess gave me enough grandparently love for my whole life but I feel bad. Sad part is the I don't really feel bad for my grandma having trouble getting around at 96 but more so for myself with the idea that it could be me one day. That is all I have been fixated on: will I be a bitter old woman? How do I prevent that from happening? How do I stay blonde and sprightly and happy and loving and cheerful? If anyone has any tips about aging fabulously and not dreading old age, please let me know!!!

Much Love, 
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment