Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 31st, 2015


Tomorrow, we head to Florida to see my 96 year old grandma. Yes, she is almost a fossil. Like the shit we read about in history books, she lived it! She's a Smithsonian in her own right, which is kind of cool. Sadly, a family member passed away today and we all know that when one generation is extinct, pushes us right to the front of the line. I always want to be first in line to get things over with but not this time. According to a rabbi, she will take a boat to her other deceased loved ones where they will be reunited. I'll opt for a monorail, thanks.
I see photos of my great-grandma Liz, my Grammy, mom and I and think "four generations all together." Now, when I see my mom's sister with her kids and grand kids, I think "we've moved up two generations." Then I start to wonder when it will be my turn to bring on my version of the next generation. And then I wonder if cats or dogs count as a generation. On the lighter-ish side of things, it was my mom's birthday the other day and she handled it better than anyone I have ever seen; better than when I turned 30...then 31...I believe that this is her year and she and I will propel to where we have to be or rather deserve to be. I have not had all this crap thrown my way to not benefit from it! 

Finally, I am excited to tell my grandma that I named this blog after her but I'm scared that she might not remember calling the moon mine. That would suck. Getting older sucks. I should have gone on a more productive diet for this trip but I just recently learned I'm lactose intolerant. Along with my inhaler, glasses and lost retainer, I'm a real catch. At least I don't snore. So off to a Groundhog's Day Party I go this evening as my friend Colleen and her family take this holiday very seriously! Who am I to judge? I dressed up for Luke and Laura's wedding anniversary in middle school. Will touch base when I get settled in. First course of business is to see if they have Lifetime at the hotel because my boss might put needles in her eyes if she has to watch "Dance Moms." (See recap at www.haveuheard.net) I'm always looking out for everyone so hopefully, you are looking out for me. I wish all of you a happy weekend and we will talk in Florida!

Much Love,
Mandi

PS: If you are jealous because I will be in the warm weather, don't be. There are still icebergs ahead if you know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment