Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 28th, 2015

For the love of Adam Levine...


I took on this really long and redundant writing job so that I could practice my concentration and make some money. It is tedious but then I was approved for an Amazon card as well as a PayPal card so I thought to myself "if you want things, you have to work for them." True story. I will appreciate my job when my leopard print Havaianas arrive in the mail tomorrow for my obli-cation I'm leaving for on Sunday. In case you are wonder, and obli-cation is half vacation and half obligation.
So, yes, my mom is taking me to Florida- vacation but we have to see my 96 year old grandma while we are there. That's where the obligation part comes in. We want to take her out and do some things with her or buy her a new shirt or pants but she says that she can pick her stuff out on her own. She has not driven in close to 30 years I believe so she might be in shock when I hand over the rental car keys and my credit card and send her on her way to shop. Elderly people are much like pre-teens as in they think that they are so independent and some of them are. Others...well, you know how it goes. I wonder what she would pick if we just sent her to the mall with none of our input? Would be a pretty cool experiment but I don't think that will happen this trip. She's the grandma who used to say that the moon was mine. I like that grandma. 

Last night, I fell asleep to something on my laptop and woke up to find that my cats had tried to Google multiple pages while entering security codes and turning on the voice activator. They also stole my volume key. Now, one of them is sitting on my printer. This is why my nice things don't stay nice for long. That and the way that I do my laundry is just a hot ole mess. "American Idol" is on in the background right now and as much as I want to be a rock star, I know not to subject the world to my singing. This is a lesson some just have not learned yet and I feel bad. But then again, not that bad. I walked by the book section today at Target and started to imagine my name on one of the covers. I don't think that it could get any better. Okay, if Rob Thomas or Adam Levine were to get divorced and come get me and I was able to publish books while pursuing an acting and singing career, that would be the ultimate. A girl can dream, can't she? 

Much Love, 
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment