Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 27th, 2015

When life gives ya lemons...


Sometimes I will put up my inner idols, my current mood and a song for that particular day but the only song I want to sing today is "Summertime." Living in the North, we were all terrified straight by the meteorologists and newscasters. We started to believe that it would be a snow Armageddon and we would never escape. I have never seen more people buying gas, water and eggs in my entire life.
I feel like all of us should still have some stuff left over from the last time the snow was supposed to encase us into a ginormous igloo. When I walked into the store to pick up creamer or something basic, the first thing I saw was a bin of shovels. Why not a bin of sleds THEN shovels? Making snow fun would make it less of a chore. I don't like the snow and when I see fans of it with a thousand hash tags about how great it is, I want to jump through my phone and slap them right across the face. If you love snow so much then get them snow boots on, pick up the shovel (it is right in front of the store) and please, come get me out of snow hell. Fortunately, we did not get as much snow as we were believed to get which was fabulous but it hurts man, it hurts. I went to go clean off my car today and yes, the snow is pretty when it is not tainted by animal piss and mud but holy mother of weather, why is it so damn cold? My fingers started to freeze over and then I just felt pain. I was just trying to clean off my car and I was in pain. So much pain. It's already somewhat of an eyesore after a few days but the physical pain. I fell but that did not even hurt as much as the general cold. Jack Frost ain't nipping, that bastard is snapping and not at my nose. He wants my whole body to be a Popsicle. Why live up North then? With the hopes that someday we will see Spring and Summer, if they exist still...starting to doubt that. I think it might be time to consider upping my meds or move to a warm climate or turn the oven on high and cook myself. I just don't know anymore. They want me to be grateful because of the fact that we got less snow than predicted. I'm not grateful. I'm cold!

Much Love,
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment