Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 15th, 2015

Inner Idol(s): Oprah
Current Mood: cheerful
Song of the Day: "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry



Let's just start out the night by me addressing the fact that I am recapping "The Taste" for the site I work for Have U Heard?? and I am still baffled by my own ignorance. Anthony Bourdain is a coach and judge on the show but I, for some reason, believed that he was a magician. I do not know why but I was devastated when I discovered that he is a chef! Kind of like when you make up words to a song then find out the real words and say "my lyrics were so much better!"
Anyway, I got my email that it was time for me to apply for financial aid for 2015-2016 and it scared me. First off, I just got home from my second residency at school but furthermore, I don't even know what I want to do come the third and fourth semester. Do I even want to stay? Will I stay? What will happen? It is awfully presumptuous of FAFSA isn't it now? I also got my school ID photo taken and let's just say...they need a better system. When your license picture is better than your school ID, there must be a problem. On the bright side, "Lost Stars" from "Begin Again" and sung by Adam Levine was nominated for an Oscar while Jennifer Aniston was snubbed. What kind of bullshit is that? Angelina Jolie's movie "Maleficent" was nominated for some behind the scenes award but you know that Angelina is laughing at poor Jen. Damn you Oscars! Oprah's movie "Selma" was nominated for Best Picture and that made me so stoked! It is important that we recognize that struggle that people go through just to get their message across, despite their race/creed/gender and all that. I am a firm believer that we have to conquer the demons that surround us, no matter what we have to do. I'd rather put a dream on hold to stand by my convictions and I would like to know how many other people would say that. No really; would you do that? Maybe I'm just a crazy bitch!

Much Love,
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment