Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9th, 2015

*Go to the movies now when your parents will pay for it!*
Rent day. Why don't we get cookies and ice cream for paying our rent in a timely fashion? Kids cannot wait to grow up and then look what happens: bills, loans, credit cards, children, jobs, health care, etc. It is not a fun game. Yeah, the freedom is great like the fact that I can hop in my car at 4 am and head to get coffee then come home and sleep for five hours is amazing. But, I am also driving my financed car that I pay insurance on to get the coffee which is not exactly free. I type on my laptop but that was not free either and every month, I pay a charge to keep mobile data on it and have a wi-fi bill. Let's not forget the phones. Sure, iPhones look awesome and they work like a charm but they cost as much as a fancy charm over at Swarovski. And back to the car situation; you always need gas money so that you don't get stuck which leads to Triple A which is another fee. Oh, and this year I have to pay my car taxes, register my car and renew my license. I work by recapping television shows but my mom has to make sure that the cable is paid so that I can work and get paid just to go and pay something else like health insurance. Or even co-pays at the doctor's office. You might want a snack during the day or a coffee...unless you are growing the beans in your garden or want to use your coffee maker all the time, you'll need money. So here is my advice: as a teenager, baby-sit. Start at thirteen, take a CPR class (you'll make more money) and take the money that you make and go wild. Have fun buying a phone and frapps and go to the movies. Live life. And if you think that you want to go to college, make sure that you keep your grades up so that you can save you and your family money with scholarships. Advice by Mandi...take it!

Much Love, 
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment