Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23rd, 2015

I was talking to the leasing agent where I live and explaining to him what I can afford when I get my own place next year. I told him that yes, it may look like I make money but I don't see it. I think that is the way with everyone who works. We work, we give our all but in the end, we are broke. Or we are not getting paid what we are worth and that is a travesty. Then I saw my student loan and that depressed me even more because yes, I will have a Master's but what does that really mean in the real world? That I am overqualified to fold shirts at the Gap if minimum wage magically goes up? I'm a dreamer and I am a fighter and I want to make money, not to buy shit but to be comfortable. To pay bills, take vacations, order crap online (okay, I do that already) but just comfort. That's what I am looking for. The California King bed of life!

Much Love, 
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment